Polar bear cocktail
Isbjörn eller Blue Lagoon
Isbjörn is a sweet vodka based cocktail that is ideal to serve as a welcome drink at a party and may invoke memories of the Icehotel and Arctic Sweden. It is also called a Blue Lagoon in Sweden, when the English spelling and pronunciation is used. John Duxbury
• For a party make a jug of isbjörn and pour it into cocktail glasses when guests arrive.
• If making it in individual glasses, garnish with a slice of lemon if desired to balance the sweetness.
For a 300 ml (10 fl oz) glass
|60 ml||(2 fl oz)||vodka, preferably Absolut|
|30 ml||(1 fl oz)||blue curacao|
|180 ml||(6 fl oz)||lemonade (Sprite or similar)|
1. Half fill a 300 ml (10 fl oz) tall glass, such as a Highball or a Collins glass, with ice cubes.
2. Add 60 ml (2 fl oz) of vodka, 30 ml (1 fl oz) of blue curacao and top up with lemonade. Stir to mix. Serve.
For a 1 litre (1 quart) jug
|200 ml||(6 fl oz)||vodka, preferably Absolut|
|100 ml||(3 fl oz)||blue curacao|
|600 ml||(20 fl oz)||lemonade (Sprite of similar)|
1. Half fill a 1 litre (1 quart) jug with ice cubes.
2. Add 200 ml (6 fl oz) of vodka, 100 ml (3 fl oz) of blue curacao and top up with lemonade. Stir to mix. Pour into cocktail glasses.
SwedishFood.com is run by a not-for-profit company set up to help English speakers around the world who would like to learn more about Swedish food. If you like the site please help us to promote it and bring Swedish food to a bigger audience by following us on:
Editor and Founder